Sustainable fashion is something we care deeply about at dstinctive. Did you know the fashion industry is responsible for 13 million tons of textile waste every year? dstinctive believes that you can express yourself through fashion with the planet and people in mind and therefore we say no to mass production. Help us reduce global waste by creating the socks you love!
HOW WE PRODUCE SUSTAINABLY
zero waste production
- thanks to our patented technology we can produce our socks sustainably per pair, therefore we only produce what we’ve already sold
- we say no to mass production: we have no stock, no waste of energy and materials
- we skip the usual pre-wash phase of producing socks, and kindly ask you to wash them yourself along with your other clothes. This way, together we save a lot of water and make our production more sustainable
- we use a combination of cotton, polyamide and elastane, all from the best Italian suppliers
- all our yarns are certified with the STANDARD 100 label from OEKO-TEX - this means that the material does not contain any harmful chemicals and ensures that we are producing according to the highest quality standard in the fashion industry
- high-quality custom socks that last: we use mercerized cotton to prevent pilling, holes and maintain shine
sustainable wear: long lasting socks
And finally, enjoy your socks and give them a longer lifespan!
- for a perfect fit, wash the socks before wearing at 30°
- do not use the dryer
- do not iron
- do not bleach
Got some extra love left for the planet? Use a guppy friend washing bag to collect the microplastics from the polyamide and other synthetic clothing that you own.
made in italy
Our personalized socks are made in Brescia, Italy. We have consciously chosen to produce our socks in Italy, to stimulate the local craft. In combination with the high-quality material and craftsmanship, we aim to give our personalized socks the highest quality in the market. Moreover, the materials are also purchased in Brescia itself, which is how we ensure that production remains local within the EU.
Brescia has been the worldwide leader when it comes to producing high quality socks. Despite this, many companies have opted to transfer their production to Asia, as the production costs are much lower there. As a sustainable fashion brand, we believe in choosing to support your locals by producing in Brescia. This way, we can ensure the highest quality standard for your feet and support an industry that is having a tough time. We can proudly say we are 100% made in Italy, by Italian artisans.
Here's a cool little fact: your socks are packaged in a wrap made from recycled beer coasters. So, cheers! Our shipment packaging is made from paper with a protective film layer, and therefore recyclable.
As soon as you have placed your order, your personalized socks are produced and shipped from the production facility the next day. By shortening our production chain in these different ways, we try to minimize our emissions.